Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the requirements for using Documents To Go Premium Edition?
- In order to use Documents To Go, your BlackBerry smartphone must be running
Device Software 4.5 - 6.0
To determine your BlackBerry OS, please follow these steps:
- Select "Options" on your device (sometimes this is in a folder
- Choose "About" from the list
- The device OS version will appear towards the top as v4.x.x as shown below
If your device is NOT running OS 4.5 - 6.0, please visit the BlackBerry
website to determine if an update is available.
- In order to synchronize files using the Documents To Go Desktop for BlackBerry,
you must have a Windows computer (Windows XP, Vista, 7) with BlackBerry Desktop
Manager or BlackBerry Device Manager 4.5 or above installed.
- If your device connects with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), your
organization must be be running BES 4.1.5 in order to view and edit e-mail
- If you do not have the latest updates of BES/BIS, you can still use Documents
To Go to view and edit files stored locally on your smartphone or on a media
- A complete list of system requirements can be found here.
2. Do you support BlackBerry 7 devices or the BlackBerry PlayBook?
These devices come pre-installed with a free version of Documents To Go Premium developed solely by RIM. Previous versions of Documents To Go that were developed by DataViz, Inc. should NOT be installed on these devices. The "Documents To Go Files" app used for desktop sync should not be installed on these devices. For inquiries on your pre-installed version of Documents To Go on these devices, please contact RIM directly.
3. What are the differences between the Standard Edition
and the Premium Edition?
4. I purchased this product from the BlackBerry App World, how do I activate my product?
When purchasing from the BlackBerry App World, you do not need to manually activate the product. The App World contains an activated version of the software. If you are receiving prompts to enter a registration number or activation key, please do the following:
- Uninstall Documents To Go from your BlackBerry device
- Reboot your device and make sure you do not have any Documents To Go components installed under "Application Management" on your device (this includes Word To Go, Sheet To Go, and SlideShow To Go)
- Launch the BlackBerry App World, go to "My World" and reinstall Documents To Go from your list of applications
5. Does Documents To Go have a desktop application and/or support
To Go Premium Edition 2.0 includes a desktop application for Windows with support for
bi-directional file synchronization. Learn
more about Documents To Go Desktop for BlackBerry.
6. What types of files are supported by Documents To Go?
7. How large are the
Documents To Go Premium Edition components?
- Documents To Go is approximately 3 MB
- PDF To Go is approximately 1 MB
- Documents To Go Files is approximately 300 kb
8. How do I install Documents To Go Premium on my device?
steps on installing Documents To Go, please click here.
9. Can I install and run Documents To Go Premium
Edition on a media card?
No. Currently, there is no way to install a 3rd party application such
as Documents To Go on a media card. Documents To Go must be installed on device
10. Does Documents To Go support printing?
No, Documents To Go does not support printing.
11. Does Documents To Go support projecting PowerPoint files directly
from a BlackBerry smartphone?
The current version of Documents To Go
does not support projecting files from the device.
12. Are localized versions of
Documents To Go Premium Edition available?
Documents To Go Premium Edition version 2.0 is now available in 29 languages. The language that will be installed will match the your BlackBerry smartphone OS language. Full language support was added in version 2.0004 of Documents To Go.
"PDF To Go" is available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish Only. The "Documents To Go Desktop for BlackBerry" and "Documents To Go Files" are available in English Only.